Coach Heintz at a glance...
- 25 years as a competitive runner and coach
- 20 team state championships and 8 team state runners-up in 11 years between cross country and track and field while coaching the boys and girls at Marist School in Atlanta, GA with 20 individual state champions, 14 state runners-up, and 2 national qualifiers
- Coaches numerous state and regionally ranked open and masters runners from 13-83 years old including several nationally ranked masters runners
- 23 "Coach of the Year" recognitions
- Ran at the collegiate level and is still a competitive runner
A little more detail...
Your coach is Eric Heintz, the Head Cross Country coach and an Head Track and Field coach at Marist School in Atlanta, Georgia. Under his tutelage every Marist cross country team has finished 4th or higher at the state cross country championships. He has won fifteen boys' and girls' state championships in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 in class AAAA as a AA sized school playing up two classifications in addition to 21 region championships in his career. Several of his teams have finished as the top team in Georgia regardless of classification or school size. He contributed to 5 team state championships in track and field. He has also coached 20 individual state champions between the two sports. In cross country alone, Coach Heintz has coached 52 All-State qualifiers and 110 All-Region qualifiers in 11 years.
Coach Heintz has been named the Georgia Athletic Coaches Association "Coach of the Year" eleven times, the Atlanta Track Club All-Metro "Coach of the Year" fifteen times, the GATFXC.com "Coach of the Year" twice, and the AJC Dekalb/Rockdale County "Coach of the Year" once. Coach Heintz is also actively involved in the Atlanta Track Club as a former board member and team coordinator, and a current masters' track and field coach. He was also the director of the War Eagle Running Camp for middle school runners and a staff coach for Coach Benson's Smoky Mountain Running Camp in Asheville, North Carolina.
As the President and Head Coach for "High Miles Running," an Atlanta-based coaching service, Coach Heintz works privately with runners ranging from 12 to 86 years old. He has coached people from across the country and also right in Atlanta. He has featured in both Running Times magazine, multiple podcasts, and on highschoolrunningcoach.com and has presented at multiple coaching clinics. Certified by the USATF and USTFCCA, Coach Heintz has been active in the Ohio and Georgia running communities for more than 25 years as a competitive runner or coach and competed at the NCAA division III level. He has a wife, Alison, and three young boys, Miles, Felix and Gus.